Lectures (14 times, 7.3.-27.4.2017)
Homework sessions (6 times, 13.3.-24.4.2017)
- 12:15-14:00 Tuesday (Room M1, Quantum)
- 10:15-12:00 Thursday (Room M2, Quantum)
- 12:15-14:00 Monday (Room M1, Quantum)
Course Web Page:
- Office: Quantum 3rd floor, room 365
- email: email@example.com,
- tel: (02) 333 5616.
- Office hours: Wednesday 10-11am
- No textbook. Lecture notes provided by the instructor.
- Presence is mandatory. Absence is permitted only if agreed with the lecturer (ask beforehand if possible).
- To pass the course, at least 25% of the homework problems must be completed. The more problems you solve, the more credit towards the final grade you get: You get demo class
of the given homeworks.
- A, if you complete 70%-100%,
- B, if you complete 45%-70%,
- C, if you complete 25%-45%
- Three hours, four problems.
- Anyone with democlass at least C has qualified to take the exam within one year.
- Registration though internet (NettiOpsu) is required at least one week before the exam.
- Homework activity (demo class A, B or C) and the score of the final exam determine the final grade.
- First exam: 28.04.2017 starting at 14.00.
Tentative course outline
- Review of topology (compact metric spaces, Cantor space)
- Topological dynamics (mixing properties, recurrence)
- Intoduction to the shift space and types of subshifts
- Subshifts of finite type, sofic shifts
- Conjugacy of subshifts