- If you would like to contact me, you can email me either at jmjmak (at) utu (dot) fi or email@example.com
- My profile page at the department.
- My public key.
- Computers should be able to do more with less power: Energy efficiency, optimizing compilers, lightweight designs, parallel and concurrent programming.
- Programs should be easy to understand and error free: Formal methods, expressive languages, declarative programming, DSLs
- Information should be available to anyone: Free/open licenses, ethics, DRM
- Programming should be fun: Functional programming, FOSS, cats, mudkips, perl golf, ..
- Course assistant (exercise project) - Hajautettujen sovellusten muodostamistekniikat (2009)
- Course assistant - Distributed systems (2009)
- Course assistant (exam) - Declarative programming (2013)
- Course assistant (demonstrations) - Ohjelmointikielet ja paradigmat (2014)
- A roguelike @ load gamedev club – stalled
- A distributed middleware/desktop/gui on JVM/Scala – stalled
- Robosota, a simple Java framework for robot simulations.
- A simple worm game in Clean - educational
- A simple tetrominoe game in Scala 2.8 - educational
- Have made some minor contributions to open source projects, e.g. d, dil, umbrello, kate, gentoo
Last modified: 2014/04/01