Fahimeh Farahnakian is a Senior Researcher at the Department of Information Technology, the University of Turku, Finland. Moreover, she works in Quva Oy as a PoDoCo researcher. From 2011-2016, she was a researcher and PhD candidate at the Department of Information Technology, the University of Turku. She was working as a full-time lecturer at Tiran and Kirvan University of Applied Science and Technology and Islamic Azad University Dolatabad branch from 2009 -2011. I was in charge of machine learning laboratory in the university and supervised 15 students’ thesis. She received her Master degree from the School of Computer Engineering, the University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 2009. I am a member of IEEE and I am a frequent reviewer for scientific journals and high quality conferences.
2012-2016: Ph.D. in Embedded Computer and Electronic Systems Laboratory, Department of Information Technology, University of Turku, Finland.
2005-2008: Master of Artificial Intelligence, School of Computer Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran.
Research Interests in Brief
- Machine learning, deep learning
- Big data
- Data analysis and Knowledge discovery
- Autonomous multi-agent systems.
- Cloud Infrastructure and Architectures
- Energy-efficient Data center
Research Visiting and International Courses
- Research visit to University of Birmingham, UK, 3.5 months, Sep. 2015.
- Research visit to University of TURKU, Finland, 9 months, 2011.
- EIT ICT Labs, Cloud Computing summer school, 1 week, Jun. 2013.
- 10th LASER Summer School on Software Engineering, 2 weeks, Sep. 2013.
- Nano-Tera/Artist International Summer School on Embedded System Design, 1 week, Sep.2012.
- “Teach in English” and “University pedagogics” courses, Finland .