About Me: I have worked in academia since 2009 in several positions such as research assistant, teacher assistant, post-doctoral researcher, lecturer, senior researcher and adjunct professor. I jointed the University Turku as a research visitor in 2011 and then after 6 months I got an offer to start my Ph.D. During my Ph.D, I have also visited and worked the Birmingham University for almost half year in 2015. I have also worked at the Kingston University in London as a research visitor in 2019. I have collaborated with these universities and worked on various projects. These international research visits greatly helped me in building new connection for further international collaborations in many ways. Also, I am a member of IEEE and I am a frequent reviewer for scientific journals and high quality conferences. Besides my academia carrier, I have done many projects in several companies such as Quva oy, Rolls Roys, Kongsberg and etc. I has co-leaded several projects (EIS, Maati, AAWA, AAMUAK, AutoPig, LOVE, etc.) funded by different resources like Academy of Finland, Business Finland and Tekes. You can find more information about these project in “Project” page of my website.
I believe that in this period, I have obtained the capability and efficiency to perform thorough deep investigation on my interest topics which is applying machine learning in different real applications. I can understand a problem deeply, analysis the data and finally design suitable techniques and algorithms to address the problem in any applications. I also drew on the very strong organizational and communication skills that I developed by working in an international academic and industry. Combining my talent with hard work, I am passionate to discover beyond the corners of my major, where there are always new undiscovered directions lying in wait.
I am an adjunct professor (Docent) of Computer Science at the University of Turku (UTU). I received my Ph.D. from the IT department at University of Turku, Finland and my M.Sc. from the school of computer engineering at Iran University of Science and Technology. Currently, I am working on several projects at UTU and supervising several PhD and M.Sc. students. My research interests include Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Computer Vision, Data Analysis, Remote Sensing, Autonomous Systems and Cloud Computing. I have published +30 articles in journal and conference proceedings.
2012-2016: Doctor of Science (D.Sc.) in Information and Communication Technology, University of Turku (UTU), Turku, Finland. https://www.utu.fi Ph.D. Thesis Title: Energy and Performance Management of Virtual Machines: Provisioning, Placement, and Consolidation
2005-2008: Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Artificial Intelligence, School of Computer Engineering, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran. http://ce.iust.ac.ir/en M.Sc. Thesis Title: Fuzzy Reinforcement Learning Approach for Multi-agent Systems
You can find more detailed information on my research career and activites from here.
You can find more detailed information about my teaching and supervision activities from here.
- Our book “Application of Multi-Sensor Fusion Technology in Target Detection and Recognition” is published here.
- Our book “Deep Learning and Computer Vision in Remote Sensing” is published here.
- Call for paper: Special Issue in Springer on “Application of Multi-Sensor Fusion Technology for Autonomous Driving“, Journal Multimedia Tools and Applications Springer, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 October 2023.
- Submit your article for our workshop in ITSC2023 conference, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 28 May 2023.
- Submit your article for our Special Issue on “Deep Learning and Computer Vision in Remote Sensing-II”, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2023. It has been included in the list of Most Viewed Remote Sensing Special Issues! You may check the full list at
I will present about “Maritime Situational Awareness through Multi-sensor Fusion” in the Turku.AI Meetup 31 May 2022. You can find more about it here https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/Turku-ai/.
My course “Deep learning in computer vision and sensor fusion” is available in Fitech from here, 2022.
Register for my “Deep Learning for Data Fusion“, IEEE International Conference on Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA’2021).
Submit your paper for our Workshop “The Second International Workshop on Application of Multi-Sensor Fusion Technology for Autonomous Driving”, IEEE 24rd International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), 2020. More information from here.
- Submit your article for our Special Issue on “ Deep Learning and Computer Vision in Remote Sensing”, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 30 November 2021.
- Submit your article for our Special Issue on “Multi-Sensor Fusion Technology in Remote Sensing: Datasets, Algorithms and Applications”, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
Submit your article for our Special Issue on “Microtopography in Geomorphology, Forest Sciences and Biomass Categorization“, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2021.
- Submit your article for our Special Issue on “Application of Multi-Sensor Fusion Technology in Target Detection and Recognition”, Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2021.
I presented a lecture with title “Deep Learning opportunities and challenges” in Artificial intelligent Business Academy (AIBA) course”, University of Turku, Finland, 2020.
Register for my tutorial of “Deep Convolutional Neural Networked-based Multisensor Fusion for Computer Vision:Opportunities and Challenges”, The 23rd International Conference on Information Fusion (Fusion), 2020.
- My course “Deep Learning for Computer Vision and Sensor Fusion” is launched in FiTech.