Skip to content
Membership in editorial boards of scientific journals
- Advisory board: Springer Natural Computing Book Series (since 2018)
- Editorial board
- Frontiers in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology (since 2011)
- Theoretical Computer Science. Track C on “Natural Computing” (since 2010), Elsevier.
- Journal of Natural Computing (since 2009), Springer.
- International Journal on Nanotechnology and Molecular Computation (since 2008), IGI Global.
- Fundamenta Informaticae (2007-2009), IOS Press.
Membership in expert committees
- (2019) Scientific evaluator for NWO, The Netherlands
- (2017-) Member of Svenska Tekniska Vetenskapsakademien i Finland (Finland’s Swedish Academy for Technical Sciences).
- (2017-2019) Member of the board of the Doctoral School in Computer Science at University of Bucharest, Romania
- (2017, 2016, 2015) Member of the 3-member award panel for “The Best PhD thesis in Computer Science in Finland”. Chair of the panel in 2017.
- (2016) Scientific reviewer for European Union’s Horizon 2020 and Cost programmes
- (2016) Scientific reviewer for the Romanian National Council for Scientific Research
- (2016) Scientific evaluator for NSERC, Canada
- (2016) Member of the award panel of the Ad-Astra association for “Romanian Researcher of the Year in Computer Science”
- (2011-2015) Member of the national committee for the evaluation and the ranking of computer science university education and research in Romania. In this position I contributed to the ranking of the publication forums in computer science. I also contributed to defining the minimal criteria that must be satisfied for awarding all academic titles in computer science Romanian universities, from PhD to full professor.