Jetro J. Tuulari, Principal Investigator
I lead the FinnBrain Neuroimaging Lab (FBN). We are a dynamic research group within the FinnBrain Birth Cohort study. This page gives an overview on the talented team I have the pleasure to share my work with.
The second in charge
- Harri Merisaari, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Co-principal investigator of the FinnBrain Neuroimaging Lab
The coordinating “pre-doctoral fellows”
- Elmo Pulli, M.D., Ph.D. student, The Coordinator of the FinnBrain Neuroimaging Lab
- Silja Luotonen, M.D., Ph.D. student, The Coordinator of the FinnBrain functional neuroimaging
- Wajiha Bano
- Isabella Wigley
- Joining us soon: Ru Li
- Niloofar Hashempour, MSc, PhD. student
- Olli Rajasilta, M.D., PhD. student
- Silja Luotonen, M.D., Ph.D. student
- Venla Kumpulainen, MSc., M.D., PhD. student
- Eero Silver, M.D., PhD. student
- Anni Copeland, M.D., PhD. student
- Elmo Pulli, M.D., Ph.D. student
- Ilkka Suuronen, M.Sc., PhD. student
- Aylin Rosberg, MSc, PhD. student
Graduate students (co-supervised)
- Pihla Saaristo
- Kiia Kurila
- Elena Vartiainen
- Emilia Ståhlberg
- Meri Frantti
- Anna Lilja
- Julia Aaros
- Riikka Runola
- Amira Svensk
- Asuka Toyofuku
- Hilyatushalihah Kholis Audah
- Ashmeet Jolly
Alumni (most are still working with us)
- Satu Lehtola, M.D., Ph.D.
- Ambika Maria, M.D., Ph.D.
- Henriette Acosta, Ph.D.
- Jani Saunavaara, Ph.D., Associate Professor was the medical physicist for ages 0-5 years (MRI).
- Noora Scheinin, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor was the first post-doc of the lab way before Jetro joined FinnBrain.
- Susanne Sinisalo was the FinnBrain Neuroimaging Lab MR study nurse for the 5-year-old MRI data collection.
- MRI staff from the Turku University Hospital
- Ekaterina Saukko
- Teija Sainio
- Kalle Koskensalo
- Riitta Parkkola, M.D., Ph.D. Professor is the Chief Neuroradiologist of Turku University Hospital and Professor of Radiology of Turku University. Her main responsibility is to participate in collecting brain MRI data and clinically interpreting the MR images.
- Minna Huotilainen, Ph.D., Professor of Educational science, University of Helsinki is an expert on EEG studies.
- Ilkka Nissilä, Ph.D. is an expert on functional near-infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS) and is affiliated with the Aalto University.
Alumni | Undergraduate students
- Kristian Lidauer, M.B. undergraduate medical student
- Pauliina Torkko, M.B. undergraduate medical student
- Elena Ukharova, undergraduate student (Human Neuroscience Masters Programme)
- Aylin Rosberg, undergraduate student (Human Neuroscience Masters Programme)
- .. and +20 undergraduate theses not listed here for now ..